The Wire – Week 17: Anyone Still Playing?
For those of you in leagues that have their championship in week 17, here are a few quick waiver wire thoughts (since we’re too lazy to put out our full-fledged The Wire this week!)
- Matt Moore, QB, Panthers – I never would have thought Moore would have been a legitimate fantasy football quarterback, but after two big performances in a row (versus two decent teams – MIN, NYG) the Panthers could be wondering why they stuck with Delhomme for so long in the first place.
- Donald Brown, RB, Colts – Looks like new Colts head coach Jim Caldwell is a firm denier of the saying, “Those you don’t know history are deemed to repeat it.” After an awesome loss to the Jets, it looks like Donald Brown will see a lot of playing time this weekend, while Joseph Addai and the rest of the teams starters collect dust and rust and the team prepares for their second round loss in the playoffs (not that I’m complaining…maybe they’ll play the Patriots!)
- Arian Foster, RB, Texans – Maybe Houston has finally found a running back they trust. He had 97 yards and a touchdown (and no fumbles!) in week 16 and should get the bulk of the carries against the Patriots as well.
- Sammy Morris, RB, Patriots – Anyone know what happened to Laurence Maroney?
- Devin Aromashodu, WR, Bears – Two big games over the last three weeks, Aromashodu is becoming one of Jay Cutler’s favorite targets.
- Todd Heap, TE, Ravens – Hard to argue with four touchdowns in the past two weeks.
- Tennessee DEF – The Titans are next up to play Matt “the interception machine” Hasselbeck (he must have hung out with Jay Cutler for too long or something.) The Seahawks quarterback has an insane eight interceptions in the past two games!